General Summary of Position
Responsible for addressing all service and maintenance related customer problems and needs related to their pool, including minor repairs, open and closing of the pool and the ongoing maintenance and repair of pool equipment and accessories.
• Perform spring opening and fall winterization of residential swimming pools per company guidelines.
• Perform advanced chemical balancing and testing of water.
• Diagnose, repair, and replace swimming pool equipment.
• Measure and install safety pool covers per manufactures guidelines.
• Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of all pool services performed.
• Performs advanced selling with equipment upgrades, chemicals and any other background products. Should be knowledgeable of and comfortable talking about any equipment or pool-related maintenance service Anthony & Sylvan sells.
• Keeps current on pool-related service aspects by attending vendor and trade show training.
• Responsible for care of company vehicle by keeping maintained, clean, and stocked; responsible for maintaining accurate and proper level of inventory on vehicle.
• Clearly communicates with the construction and warranty divisions by giving essential recommendations regarding customer claim issues.
• Responsible for handling, transporting and delivering pool chemicals to customers including but not limited Chlorine, algaecides, pH balancers, muriatic acid. Responsible for adding chemicals to customer’s pools per manufacturer’s directions.
• Assists in the in-field training of new technicians.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent preferred
• 1 – 3 years of technical experience in a service industry required.
• General pool background experience preferred
• Water chemistry experience preferred
• NESP CMS & CMT preferred
• Valid driver’s license required
• Mechanical aptitude & problem solving
• Excellent organization skills, quick learner, result oriented, attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills required. Team player with customer focus and self-motivated.
• Must be willing to travel.