The Service Technician at Anthony & Sylvan addresses service and maintenance issues related to customer pools. This can include minor repairs, pool closings and openings, and the ongoing maintenance and repairs of pool equipment and accessories.
Service Technician – Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Service Technician reports to the Retail Director Ops and is responsible for the following duties:
- Performing spring opening and fall winterization of residential swimming pools per company guidelines.
- Performing advanced chemical balancing and testing of water.
- Diagnosing, repairing and replacing swimming pool equipment.
- Measuring and installing safety pool covers per manufacturer guidelines.
- Accurate and timely documentation of all pool services performed.
- Performing advanced selling with equipment upgrades, chemicals, and any other background products. The Service Technician should be knowledgeable and comfortable talking about any equipment or pool-related maintenance service Anthony & Sylvan sells or offers.
- Staying current on pool-related service aspects by attending vendor and trade show training.
- Taking care of the company vehicle by keeping it well maintained, clean, and stocked. The Service Technician is also responsible for maintaining accurate and proper level of inventory on the vehicle.
- Clearly communicating with the construction and warranty divisions by giving essential recommendations regarding customer claim issues.
- Handling, transporting and delivering pool chemicals to customers including but not limited chlorine, algaecides, pH balancers, and muriatic acid. The Service Technician is also responsible for adding chemicals to customers’ pools per manufacturer’s directions.
- Assisting in the in-field training of new technicians.
- Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
- Following Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years technical experience in a service industry. (Pool industry service experience and water chemistry experience preferred)
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed: NESP, CMS and CMT preferred; valid driver’s license.
- Mechanical aptitude & problem solving
- Excellent organization skills
- Quick learner
- Results oriented
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Team player with customer focus
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Frequent lifting – Up to 50 lbs.
- Sitting – 40%
- Walking – 40%
- Bending – 10%
- Squatting – 10%
Travel Requirements: 90% field work.
Apply Today and Join the Team at Anthony & Sylvan
Does a Service Technician position with Anthony & Sylvan sound like your perfect job? Apply today by submitting the employment application below.