Choosing the perfect pool finish for your poolscape can be just as important as picking out the shape of the pool. Whether you want an iridescent pearl appearance or if you want a jungle oasis look, we can help you with your decision-making process.
The first step is to decide what type of pool you want. Does fiberglass catch your eye? Or does concrete seem more appealing? Once we know this, we can delve into the different types of finishes.
Types of Concrete Pool Finishes
There are three different types of concrete finishes that you can get for your pool:
- Marbelite — built to last, marbelite is the most classic choice out of the three concrete finishes. This pool finish is transformative in that it applies to the shell as a neutral tone, but when the shell is filled with water, it has a blue tone.
- Ansylbrite — quartz is mixed with cement to increase the density as well as giving the pool a smooth and glossy appearance. Colored aggregatecan be added to the mixture to make it your own customizable color tone and increase durability.
- Aggregate — one of the most versatile pool finishes available, aggregate offers multitudes of colors and textures. Combined with your choice of glass beads, river stones, quartz, or granite, the possibilities are endless. Aggregate is quickly becoming one of the most popular pool finish choices because of the versatility it offers.
Types of Fiberglass Pool Finishes
There are seven different types of fiberglass finishes that Anthony & Sylvan offers. The fiberglass pool finishes are part of the Anthony & Sylvan HydroStone Pools® collection. They have a high-end appearance with a “pebble” gel coat finish. The greatest appeal to fiberglass pools is the lack of maintenance and smooth textures to maximize your swimming enjoyment.
- River Rock
- Mystic Lake
- White Gel Coat
How to Achieve the Look You Want
Each feature allows you to take your customizing adventure into your own reins. The color of your pool water is dependent on the finish of the pool. Do you want your water to look like a Caribbean beach with light blue water or do you want a sleek and sophisticated look with navy-blue water? Your ultimate finish choice is what determines that color of your pool. Listed below are a few options:
- Glimmering Clear Pool: If you want a glimmering pool with a smooth texture, the Ansylbrite material would be the best for you. You can customize it to have any color combined into the concrete, but the ultimate look to this will be shiny and bright because of the amount of quartz that is blended in.
- Dark Blue: If a dark natural blue is what you are looking for, aggregate might be the best choice for you. You can mix in the color you want to achieve just like the previous option, but instead of quartz, the river stones that you can mix in give you a natural look.
- Traditional Pool Blue: Marbelite is the best option because it allows the water to be that traditional light blue color that so many have grown to love! This finish is always a game winner!
We get it, choosing your pool features can be difficult. Not to fear, though—our experts are readily available to help you with any further questions that you may have about your future pool. It’s an investment after all, and it should be treated like one.
With Anthony & Sylvan’s 70-plus years of experience, we can help you build the pool of your dreams. Reach out to us by filling out the online form, giving us a call at 1-877-729-7946, or by visiting one of our many locations.